Introduction to the Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course
The Cloud Network Security Expert AWS course from Check Point provides comprehensive training on securing AWS cloud environments.
As businesses rapidly migrate workloads to the cloud, expertise in cloud security is becoming highly sought after.
This course aims to equip IT professionals with the skills needed to architect, deploy and manage robust network security solutions on AWS.
Overview of Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course Content
The 2-day course curriculum covers core concepts and services for protecting AWS environments including:
- AWS platform components and how they relate to Check Point CloudGuard security
- Maintaining secure, efficient and stable cloud environments
- Deploying hub-and-spoke topology for cloud network security
- Using the CloudGuard Management Extension for unified security policy management
- Applying identity and access controls in the cloud
Advanced topics covered include:
- Configuring adaptive security policies in CloudGuard
- Leveraging automation for cloud security management
- Implementing scaling and clustering for high availability
- Securing hybrid cloud and disaster recovery deployments
With a blend of lectures and hands-on labs, students gain practical experience in:
- Deploying CloudGuard gateways
- Creating VPCs, security groups, route tables
- Managing users, roles, permissions
- Encrypting data and keys
- Monitoring, logging and auditing the environment
Prerequisites for the Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course
The course does expect students to have:
- Knowledge of Linux/Windows OS administration
- Understanding of basic networking concepts
- Prior AWS cloud computing experience
- Check Point CCSA or CCSE certification
With this baseline knowledge, IT pros can rapidly build expertise through the course.
Key Concepts Covered in the Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course
As a advanced course focusing specifically on AWS security, key concepts covered include:
AWS Shared Responsibility Model – Understanding security obligations of providers vs. customers
IAM Policies – Applying identity and access controls through AWS IAM
Encryption – Protecting data at rest and in transit with AWS KMS, CloudHSM, encryption gateways
Network Security – Using VPCs, routing, NACLs and security groups to secure cloud networks
Inspection & Monitoring – Leveraging CloudGuard, CloudTrail, Config and tools like Amazon Inspector
Incident Response – Following runbooks and procedures to handle cloud security incidents
Hybrid & Multi-Cloud – Securing complex environments with on-prem, multiple cloud providers
Breakdown of Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course Modules
The course content is organized into logical modules:
Module 1: Cloud Security Fundamentals
- AWS Shared Responsibility Model
- Core AWS Services Overview
- CloudGuard Architecture Basics
Module 2: Access Controls & Encryption
- AWS Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Key Management Service (KMS)
- CloudHSM, Secrets Manager
Module 3: Network Security
- Amazon VPC Core Components
- Security Groups, ACL Rules
- Inspection with Amazon Inspector
Module 4: Monitoring, Visibility & Operations
- CloudTrail and CloudWatch Logs
- Config and Security Hub
- Automation with CloudFormation
Module 5: Use Cases
- Web Application Deployments
- Hybrid Cloud Architectures
- Disaster Recovery Solutions
The modular design allows for flexibility in delivering training.
Hands-on Projects in the Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course
Students gain hands-on experience in real cloud deployment scenarios through labs such as:
- Deploying a CloudGuard Management Gateway – Launch EC2 instance, initialize gateway, establish connectivity
- Securing a VPC with NACLs – Create VPC, subnets, NACL rules to allow web traffic only on port 80, 443
- Enforcing Data Encryption – Use KMS to encrypt EBS volume, encrypt RDS database, encrypt S3 bucket
- Web Application DMZ – Implement public/private subnets, security groups, WAF rules to protect sample web app
- Hybrid VPN – Establish IPsec VPN between on-prem gateway and VPC for secure connectivity
These projects provide very practical experience with AWS security best practices.
Real-World Applications of the Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course
The skills covered in this course have many real-world applications, including:
Cloud Architect – Design and build secure cloud environments leveraging AWS security services
Security Engineer – Hardening and protecting production workloads running on AWS
Network Administrator – Managing hybrid networks, VPN connectivity, ACLs and routes
Auditor – Assessing and ensuring cloud environments meet security standards
Cloud Migration Lead – Ensuring security policies and controls applied when moving applications to AWS
Much of the training is immediately applicable for IT professionals working with AWS.
Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course Instructor Profile & Qualifications
The course is taught by certified Check Point security experts with deep knowledge of protecting AWS workloads.
Ideal instructors have:
- 5+ years experience with Check Point solutions
- Strong cloud security background with working AWS environments
- Industry certifications like CCSE, CCSA, AWS SAA
- Experience delivering technical training content
Their real-world expertise shines through in coverage of AWS security best practices.
Pros of Taking the Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course
Comprehensive AWS Security Training
The course curriculum provides comprehensive training across all key areas of AWS cloud security including access controls, data protection, infrastructure hardening, monitoring, auditing and more.
The hands-on labs allow students to actively apply concepts to real deployment scenarios like securing VPCs, managing encryption, configuring hybrid networks etc. This reinforces learning.
As a leader in cloud security, Check Point continually updates the course to cover latest AWS features, services, best practices and recommendations.
Active Knowledge Checks
The use of knowledge check questions and discussions ensures students fully understand concepts before moving to next modules.
Lynx Mobile Access
Students get six months of free access to Lynx, Check Point’s mobile learning app with course content for reviews and walkthroughs.
Cons of Taking the Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course
Prior Experience Necessary
Students should have 1-2 years experience using AWS and a baseline understanding of cloud security concepts before taking the advanced course.
Check Point Focus
While fundamentals apply across providers, the course focuses specifically on Check Point software deployments in AWS environments.
The 2-day in-person or online course starts at $2000, so represents a real investment for learners and employers.
Who Should Take the Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course
The key target audience includes:
AWS Cloud Architects
Architects looking to design robust network security into AWS environments can greatly benefit.
Security Engineers & Analysts
Engineers tasked with securing production AWS workloads need exposure to CloudGuard capabilities.
Network & System Administrators
Admins managing hybrid cloud networks, ACLs, routes, connectivity will find very applicable.
Auditors & Compliance Teams
Understanding AWS shared responsibility model is critical for auditors and compliance.
Cloud Migration Teams
Migrating legacy applications to AWS really requires planning security up front.
What You Will Learn in the Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course
By the end, learners will possess strong knowledge regarding:
- Core AWS concepts and services related to cloud security
- Planning and deploying Check Point CloudGuard in AWS for protection
- Using native AWS security services alongside CloudGuard to maximize security
- Architecting cloud networks, access controls, encryption properly
- Monitoring, logging, auditing and managing cloud environments
- Leveraging automation to simplify security management
- Scaling security, building in availability, enabling disaster recovery
This provides tremendous breadth covering network security, identity management, data security, threat protection, and more.
Skills You Will Gain from the Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course
Concretely, professionals will gain skills to:
- Architect secure VPC environments with appropriate subnetting, route tables, NACLs, security groups
- Apply IAM policies for least-privilege and role-based access control
- Implement encryption using AWS KMS, CloudHSM, S3, EBS, and RDS capabilities
- Monitor network traffic, user activity and resource configurations using CloudTrail, CloudWatch and Config
- Detect threats and vulnerabilities with Amazon Inspector, Security Hub and WAF
- Automate security tasks like policy pushes, log captures using CloudFormation templates
- Establish highly available designs using scaling groups, elastic load balancing, CloudGuard clustering
These in-demand skills directly translate to administering real-world AWS environments.
How Long It Takes to Complete the Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course
As an intensive 2-day course, the training duration is:
- 16 hours for the in-person or online instructor-led course
- Approximately 24 hours allowing for lab work and projects
- Ongoing reference and review with the Lynx mobile app
While condensed, the course efficiently covers core concepts and skills supplemented by labs and knowledge checks.
Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course Costs & Available Discounts
The standard pricing for the training is:
- Individual Enrollment: $2000 per person
- Private Group Training: $20000 for up to 20 learners
However, discounts are available including:
- 20% discount on individual enrollment with new PCNSA or PCCSA
- 15% discount on individual enrollment with CCSE or CCSA
- 10% discount if 3 or more from same company enroll together
So costs can range from $1600-2000 based on eligibility.
Best Ways to Supplement Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course Learning
To reinforce the training content, students should also:
- Read AWS security whitepapers – Expand knowledge of AWS best practices
- Practice skills in personal accounts – Open AWS free tier to test concepts
- Deploy tools from AWS Marketplace – Try out various security tools hands-on
- Pursue professional certifications – Certs like CCSE, AWS Security Specialty validate expertise
- Attend AWS security conferences – Stay on top of latest AWS features, techniques and threats
Continuous learning is key in the fast-moving cybersecurity domain.
Final Recommendation: Is the Cloud Network Security Expert AWS Course Worth Taking?
For IT professionals managing AWS environments, the course delivers tremendous value through:
- Comprehensive and vendor-agnostic security training
- Hands-on experience with AWS native security capabilities
- Understanding how CloudGuard integrates with and enhances AWS security
- Architecting cloud networks, data protection, identity management properly
- Monitoring, incident response and audit preparation
Those responsible for securing workloads and data within AWS can greatly benefit from the advanced security concepts, best practices, skills and tools covered.
With cloud adoption accelerating, expertise in cloud security is highly sought after. This course serves as a solid foundation for deploying robust protections on AWS using Check Point.
Given the very practical nature of the content and hands-on labs, I highly recommend the training to any IT pro looking to specialize in securing AWS environments.
Do I need prior AWS experience to take the course?
Yes, 1-2 years of hands-on AWS experience is recommended to get the most out of the advanced training. Understanding core AWS infrastructure concepts is necessary.
What is the format of the Cloud Network Security Expert AWS course?
The course is available as a 2-day online or in-person instructor-led training with integrated labs and projects. Self-paced options focus more on the lectures without hands-on components.
Do I earn any certifications from completing the course?
No, the course is intended for professionals looking to gain skills in CloudGuard on AWS. Separate certification exams would need to be taken to earn CCSE, CCSA or other industry credentials.
What level of cloud security knowledge does the course assume?
It’s designed for learners with strong networking and infrastructure administration skills.
Baseline understanding of identity management, encryption, network security is needed to fully digest advanced topics.
Can this course help me prepare for the AWS Security Specialty certification?
While focused on Check Point software, foundational AWS security knowledge covered on identity, data protection, logging, monitoring and more can aid with certification preparation.