As a tech enthusiast and laptop specialist, I recently got my hands on the Dell Latitude E6420, a laptop that’s been around for a while but still holds its ground.
In this review, I’ll provide you with an in-depth look at its key specifications and what sets it apart. So, let’s dive right in!
Let’s kick things off with a quick overview of the Dell Latitude E6420’s key specifications:
|Diagonal Screen Length||14 inches|
|Dimensions||13.6 x 9.5 x 1.1 inches|
|Screen Resolution||1366 x 768 pixels|
|Screen Refresh Rate||60 Hz|
|Weight||4.2 pounds (1.9 kg)|
|Operating System (OS)||Windows 7 Professional (64-bit)|
|Internal Memory||4 GB DDR3 RAM (expandable to 16 GB)|
|Internal Storage||320 GB HDD (upgradeable to SSD)|
|Processor Type||Core i5|
|Processor Generation||2nd Generation|
|Processor Speed (Clock Speed)||2.5 GHz (up to 3.2 GHz Turbo Boost)|
|Type of Battery||6-cell Lithium-Ion|
|Battery Capacity||47 Wh|
|Average Battery Life||5 hours|
Body & Display
The Latitude E6420 exudes a no-nonsense, business-ready aura.
With its 14-inch screen and sturdy black chassis, it’s a reliable companion for professionals on the move.
The 1366 x 768 pixel resolution offers decent clarity, and 200 nits of brightness ensure visibility even in well-lit environments. The laptop weighs in at 4.2 pounds, which, while not ultra-light, strikes a balance between portability and durability.
Hardware & Storage
Under the hood, this Dell laptop sports an Intel Core i5 processor from the 2nd generation, specifically the i5-2520M, running at 2.5 GHz.
It’s backed by 4 GB of DDR3 RAM, expandable up to 16 GB. The internal storage is a 320 GB HDD, but there’s room for an SSD upgrade if you want to give it a speed boost.
The Latitude E6420 is equipped with a 6-cell Lithium-Ion battery with a capacity of 47 Wh.
While it provides an average of 5 hours of usage on a single charge, the key advantage is that the battery is replaceable.
So, if you’re on the road and need extra power, you can simply swap in a spare battery.
DELL LATITUDE E6420 Price In Nigeria
- Dell Latitude E6420 Price In Nigeria is NGN 215,000 on Jumia, Konga and of 2nd December 2023. In the United States, you can grab it for a mere $239.Pricing can vary based on different specifications and configurations. It’s worth exploring various options to find the best deal that suits your needs and budget.
Connectivity & Interfaces
This laptop offers a reasonable selection of ports, including 3 USB 2.0 ports, an HDMI port for external displays, and a headphone jack.
Bluetooth 3.0 provides wireless connectivity. It also features a DVD-RW drive, a relic from a time when optical drives were essential.
Comparison with Similar Devices
To give you a better perspective, here’s a quick comparison with three similar laptops in the market:
- Dell Latitude E6430: A slightly upgraded version with a more powerful i7 processor, higher RAM capacity, and a better display. It comes at a higher price point.
- HP ProBook 6470b: A solid competitor with a similar screen size, but it offers different processor options and a variety of configurations.
- Lenovo ThinkPad T420: Known for its durability and legendary keyboard, this laptop offers comparable specifications and reliability.
Pros & Cons
Let’s break it down into what I liked and what left me wanting more:
- Durable build that can handle the rigors of business use.
- Expandable RAM and SSD options for improved performance.
- Decent battery life with the advantage of a replaceable battery.
- The laptop is on the heavier side.
- The display resolution might feel a bit dated compared to modern standards.
- Limited connectivity options with only USB 2.0 ports.
In conclusion, the Dell Latitude E6420 may not be the newest kid on the block, but it still holds its own in the business laptop category.
Its combination of durability, expandable RAM and SSD options, and a replaceable battery make it a reliable workhorse.