The Infinix Hot 20 Play is a budget-friendly smartphone that was released in 2023.
It is a popular choice for consumers who are looking for a good value phone with a large display and long battery life.
However, one question that many potential buyers have is whether or not the Infinix Hot 20 Play is water resistant.
What is Water Resistance?
Water resistance is a measure of how well a device can withstand exposure to water.
Devices with a higher water resistance rating are better able to withstand water damage.
There are two main types of water resistance:
- IPX rating: The IPX rating is a standard rating system that is used to measure the water resistance of electronic devices. The IPX rating is made up of two digits. The first digit indicates the level of dust protection, while the second digit indicates the level of water protection.
- Waterproofing: Waterproofing is a term that is often used to describe devices that have a very high level of water resistance. However, there is no official definition of waterproofing.
Is the Infinix Hot 20 Play Water Resistant?
Infinix Hot 20 Play does not have an official IP rating.
This means that it is not officially certified to be water resistant or dust-proof.
However, the official Infinix website states that the Hot 20 Play is protected from “water splashes and dust.”
This suggests that the device does have some level of water resistance, but it is not clear how much.
How to Protect Your Infinix Hot 20 Play from Water Damage
Even though the Infinix Hot 20 Play has some level of water resistance, it is important to take steps to protect it from water damage. Here are a few tips:
- Avoid using your phone in the rain or near water.
- If your phone does get wet, dry it off immediately with a clean towel.
- Do not submerge your phone in water.
- Do not use your phone if it is wet.
What to Do if Your Infinix Hot 20 Play Gets Wet
If your Infinix Hot 20 Play does get wet, it is important to take the following steps:
- Turn off your phone immediately.
- Remove the SIM card and battery (if possible).
- Dry off your phone with a clean towel.
- Place your phone in a bag of rice for 24 hours. The rice will help to absorb any moisture that is trapped inside the phone.
- After 24 hours, turn on your phone and check for any damage. If your phone does not turn on or if it is not working properly, take it to a repair shop.
The Infinix Hot 20 Play does not have an official IP rating, but it does have some level of water resistance.
It is important to take steps to protect your phone from water damage, and to dry it off immediately if it does get wet.
- The Infinix Hot 20 Play is not dust-proof.
- There are no third-party IP ratings for the Infinix Hot 20 Play.
- It is important to note that even water-resistant devices can be damaged by water if they are submerged in water for too long.