Short Answer: Yes, the Realme 5 is water resistant, but not waterproof. It has an IP rating of IPX4, which means that it can withstand light-splashing water from all directions, but it should not be submerged in water.
What does IP Rating Mean?
IP Rating, or Ingress Protection Rating, is a two-digit number that indicates how well a device is protected against dust and water. The first digit indicates the level of dust protection, while the second digit indicates the level of water protection.
The higher the number, the better the protection. For example, an IP68 rating means that the device is completely dust-proof and can withstand being submerged in water up to 1.5 meters deep for 30 minutes.
How Water Resistant is the Realme 5?
The Realme 5 has an IP rating of IPX4, which means that it can withstand light splashing water from all directions. This means that it is safe to use in the rain or near a sink, but it should not be submerged in water.
Here are some examples of situations where the Realme 5’s water resistance can be helpful:
- You are caught in the rain and need to use your phone to call for help.
- You are cooking and spill some water on your phone.
- You are using your phone at the beach and get splashed by a wave.
Is the Realme 5 Dust-Proof?
No, the Realme 5 is not dust-proof. It has an IP rating of IPX4, which only indicates protection against water.
Tips for Protecting Your Realme 5 from Water Damage
Even though the Realme 5 is water resistant, it is still important to take steps to protect it from water damage. Here are a few tips:
- Avoid using your phone in the shower or bath.
- Do not submerge your phone in water.
- If your phone does get wet, dry it off immediately with a clean cloth.
- If your phone gets very wet, you may want to put it in a bag of rice for a few hours to absorb the moisture.
The Realme 5 is a water resistant smartphone, but it is not waterproof. It has an IP rating of IPX4, which means that it can withstand light splashing water from all directions, but it should not be submerged in water.
By following the tips above, you can help to protect your Realme 5 from water damage and keep it in good condition for longer.