Is Samsung Galaxy Fold Water Resistant?
Answer: Yes, the Samsung Galaxy Fold is water resistant, with an IP rating of IPX8. This means that it can withstand submersion in up to 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes. However, it is not dust-proof.
What is an IP Rating?
An IP rating, or Ingress Protection rating, is a two-digit number that indicates how well a device is protected against dust and water. The first digit indicates dust resistance and the second digit indicates water resistance.
- Dust resistance:
- 0: Not protected
- 1: Protected from large particles
- 2: Protected from medium particles
- 3: Protected from small particles
- 4: Protected from very small particles
- 5: Protected from dust completely
- Water resistance:
- 0: Not protected
- 1: Protected from dripping water
- 2: Protected from water sprayed at an angle of up to 60 degrees
- 3: Protected from water sprayed directly
- 4: Protected from water splashing from all sides
- 5: Protected from water jets
- 6: Protected from powerful water jets
- 7: Protected from immersion in water up to 1 meter
- 8: Protected from immersion in water up to 3 meters
How Does the Samsung Galaxy Fold Achieve Its Water Resistance?
Samsung uses a variety of methods to make the Galaxy Fold water resistant, including:
- Water-resistant seals: The Galaxy Fold’s internal components are protected by water-resistant seals that prevent water from getting in.
- Water-resistant coating: The Galaxy Fold also has a water-resistant coating on the outside of the device. This coating helps to repel water and makes it more difficult for water to penetrate the device.
- Drainage holes: The Galaxy Fold also has drainage holes that allow any water that does get into the device to escape.
What to Do if Your Samsung Galaxy Fold Gets Wet
If your Samsung Galaxy Fold gets wet, it is important to take the following steps:
- Dry the device off immediately: Use a soft cloth to dry the device off as much as possible.
- Remove the case: If the device has a case, remove it. This will help to dry the device off more quickly and prevent water from being trapped inside the case.
- Shake the device: Shake the device to remove any water that may be trapped inside.
- Place the device in a dry place: Place the device in a dry place with good airflow. This will help to dry the device off completely.
Important: Do not turn on the device until it is completely dry. Turning on the device while it is still wet could damage the device.
The Samsung Galaxy Fold is a water resistant device with an IP rating of IPX8.
This means that it can withstand submersion in up to 1.5 meters of fresh water for up to 30 minutes.
However, it is important to note that the Galaxy Fold is not dust-proof. If your Galaxy Fold gets wet, it is important to dry it off immediately and avoid turning it on until it is completely dry.