If you’re on the hunt for a new smartphone, the Samsung Galaxy A53 5G is a device worth considering.
With upgraded features, a stunning display, and an impressive camera system, this phone is designed to impress.
In this review, we’ll dive deep into the details of the Samsung Galaxy A53 5G, covering everything from its design and display to performance, camera capabilities, and much more. Let’s get started!
- Announced: March 17, 2022
- Released: March 24, 2022
The Samsung Galaxy A53 5G boasts a well-thought-out design:
- Dimensions: 159.6 x 74.8 x 8.1 mm
- Weight: 189 g
- Build: Glass front (Gorilla Glass 5), plastic frame, plastic back
- SIM: Single SIM (Nano-SIM) or Hybrid Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- IP67 dust/water resistant (up to 1m for 30 min)
The display is a standout feature of this device:
- Type: Super AMOLED
- Size: 6.5 inches
- Resolution: 1080 x 2400 pixels
- PPI: ~405
- Protection: Corning Gorilla Glass 5
Operating System (OS)
The device operates smoothly with:
- Chipset: Exynos 1280 (5 nm)
- CPU: Octa-core (2×2.4 GHz Cortex-A78 & 6×2.0 GHz Cortex-A55)
- GPU: Mali-G68
Ample memory options for your needs:
- Card slot: microSDXC (uses shared SIM slot)
- Internal: 128GB 4GB RAM, 128GB 6GB RAM, 128GB 8GB RAM, 256GB 6GB RAM, 256GB 8GB RAM
- Expandable memory: microSDXC (up to 1TB)
The camera system captures moments in stunning detail:
- Main Camera Quad: 64 MP (wide), 12 MP (ultrawide), 5 MP (macro), 5 MP (depth)
- Main Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Main Camera Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30/60fps; gyro-EIS
- Selfie Camera: 32 MP (wide)
- Selfie Camera Features: HDR
- Selfie Camera Video: 4K@30fps, 1080p@30fps
Samsung Galaxy A53 5G Price In Nigeria
Pricing varies depending on the configuration:
- Naira: ₦399,500
- Dollars: $290
- Pounds: £260
- Euros: €250
- Different configurations available with 128GB and 256GB variants.
Audio quality is on point:
- Loudspeaker: Yes, with stereo speakers
- 3.5mm jack: No
Staying connected is a breeze with:
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct
- Bluetooth: 5.1, A2DP, LE
- Positioning: GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- NFC: Yes (market/region dependent)
- Radio: No
- USB: USB Type-C 2.0, OTG
A range of sensors for convenience:
- Fingerprint (under display, optical), accelerometer, gyro, compass, barometer, virtual proximity sensing
Dependable power source:
- Type: Li-Po 5000 mAh, non-removable
- Charging: 25W wired
- Fast Charging: Yes
- Battery Life: Up to 2 days
- Colors: Black, White, Blue, Peach
- Models: SM-A536B, SM-A536B/DS, SM-A536U, SM-A536U1, SM-A5360, SM-A536E, SM-A536E/DS, SM-A536V, SM-A536W, SM-A536N, SM-S536DL
- SAR: 0.75 W/kg (head) | 1.58 W/kg (body)
- SAR EU: 0.89 W/kg (head) | 1.60 W/kg (body)
Comparison with Similar Devices
When compared to similar devices in the market, the Samsung Galaxy A53 5G stands out with its camera capabilities, display quality, and ample storage options.
It competes favorably with the likes of the Google Pixel 5, OnePlus Nord 2, and the Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro.
Pros & Cons
- Impressive camera system with 64MP main sensor
- Stunning Super AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate
- 5G support for fast connectivity
- Long-lasting 5000mAh battery with fast charging
- Expandable storage via microSDXC
- No 3.5mm headphone jack
- Plastic build may not feel as premium as glass or metal
In conclusion, the Samsung Galaxy A53 5G is a well-rounded smartphone that offers a compelling combination of features.
From its fantastic camera system to the vibrant display, ample storage options, and reliable battery life, it’s a device that caters to a wide range of users.
The 5G support adds a future-proof element, and the competitive pricing makes it an excellent choice in its segment.
If you’re in the market for a feature-packed mid-range phone, the Samsung Galaxy A53 5G is definitely one to consider.